The End is Near!

Today is the last day of the DaVinci Code Quest on Google. As I said in a previous post, I embarked on a quest to see how many puzzles I can solve without having read the book.



OK, so I solved all the puzzles without reading the book or the sites/blogs with answers, except for the question on Day 14: you had to translate krhglo from [... some (psuedo-) language ...] to English. At the time I did the Google query, "khrglo" showed up a few words before its translation, so I involuntarily cheated... :-)



In the process, I encountered some references to highly controversial stuff that Dan Brown clung to, notably the Priory of Sion. To quote from the Wikipedia:



If this is not a mere marketing trick, it would seem that Dan Brown takes the fantastic claims of the Secret Dossiers more or less at face value[...]


Anyway, I've heard from people who read the book that reading the book was of almost no help in solving the puzzles, so before I declare that I wasted my time on solving some variations of symbol-Sudoku, let's see how I fare today at the last puzzle.

Comments

Philip Booth said…
Like you, I've lived my life quite nicely without reading the book, thank you.
I still don't get the controversy. It's a work of fiction, so why would anyone be worried that their faith would be damaged?